No, absolutely not. Leave N/A or N/A1 as they are. Your concern is only if there are more AAs. Usually the problematic string to be deleted has 4As: N/AAAA.
Oh, I think I can forgive you that 🙂
Good that you told me about the aligning – it takes one more think of my worries.
Please, with next file open a new ticket – it takes me too long to load this one.
One more thing, I don’t remember if I already mentioned it to you or not, but I will better repeat myself:
You have to look for N/AAAA in the files. If you find any, please Ctrl+F, and use the “fund and replace” function. In the “find what” line you paste the N/AAAA string, and leave the “replace with” line empty. Then press replace all, and the program will delete the N/AAAA in all document (both in English and target).
If you saw the N/AAAA in any of these files, please let me know ASAP.
Here are more files that need to pass through you:
All German files for revetting.
Please receive re-vetted German 15m,n.
Sorry I had not replied to you earlier. I just got a response that I was sent the old unproofread version of 19ef. So good that you didn’t start spelling them.
Now here are some files – NO NEED TO SPELLCHECK.
Just please resolve issues listed by the vettor.
Year, we ended up in the middle of discussion about n/aa
I ll keep in mind to erase them.
Next files I ll upload with a new ticket.
If you can, please let me know when you are going to send me files to vet, I need to plan my day.
Thanks in advance.
” What do you expect me to do? let me know if doesn’t assign you some files soon.
I will be able to look at them in a couple of hours.
Here are some more files.
Files 17l had been spellcheked in the proofreading process, so no need to spellcheck, but there is a missing translation of a segment (line 147). Please translate it, keeping the “/r” strings according to their location in the English. /r means “line breaks in the game code, so where is this /r, will be a line break. For this reason there are usually no spaces around it.
Other files are for spellchecking.
You need to communicate this to . You can do it here, only please post your messages in the Z-Get category.
oops, I forgot.
Catherine” Ok, can confirm 🙂 “Dorothea
I’m afraid we are in the end of this project. Please contact us in about two weeks, as we will be recruiting for the next.
weird, I didn’t know that you can’t reply to yourself.
But yes, I want you to do that file very much.
” ok, starting now! ok, starting now! ”
Please receive re-vetted files German 9,k,j.
Please tell to :
-to be careful with ~55~. Somehow in some cells they stayed, thought were replaces in other and the comments about replacing were put into the cell. The same situation for both files.
-To check the numbers of the cell with issue, sometimes they dont match with comments and I remember the case, when the number was not put at all.
-Check on double hyphen.
And for your notes:I v met different types of translation for Sunstream City in German: “Stadt Sonnenstrom”, and I remember I have see “Sonnenstrom-Stadt”
By the way, if you could please explain me about the hyphen if the source contain “of the”.Do they suppose to be there?
One more thing. Going over some files which had passed through you, I noticed that in file 17l a segment is missing, and in file 8m there is a tiny sentence in English, and a completely different segment in German. Please scroll carefully through the files before you send them to me to make sure these things get spotted on time.
Yes, you are right.
No idea, how did I managed to messed them up…
I ll be additionally scrolling the text.
Here the files with issues resolved.
I spent 10 mins on this.
Here the other spellchecked files. I translated the missing segment in 17l. I have spent 5 mins on each, so 20 mins altogether.
Here are 4 more files for spelling.
” Do I have to apply again for the next video translation? “Dorothea
I still don’t know at this moment. Once the next project will officially open, the first priority will be people who already applied and passed for this one.
Please take FRENCH FILES:
Please confirm receipt. We need the files ASAP.
I received the files. Working.
Now I’m back with proofread 19e and 19f. Please spellcheck them. In 19e there were two cells with repeating word “die”. Please check, I already know it is normal in some cases, but still can’t determine in which 🙂
1) I received the files
2) The comments file is on FTP.
tell me please, if using of ” III” in target text instead of “Ⅲ” in original is a mistake or it is just a difference in text formats of different languages and it’s ok? (example: “$name luckily got Plum Tome Fragment Ⅲ from chest.” – “$name reÃ§ut heureusement le Fragment III du Tome de Prune du coffre.”)
one more question,if the in such cases as ($line)- ($ligne)text was translated is right?
Let me begin form the second question: NOT RIGHT AT ALL!!!!
All commands, $name, $line, &sex&, &name&, &family& etc MUST remain untranslated. Please use Ctrl+F function to replace all $ligne with $line.
I think it’s a different symbol. You can copy it from source and paste to target.
These files are more problematic them German, so pay attention. Also please be careful when replacing with ~55~. If you Ctrl+F any + marks, please comment in third column.
Can confirm the files you sent.
Also I will NOT be available tomorrow and Saturday morning. I should be back Saturday evening.
Thank you for confirmation and for letting me know about your availability. Please message me when you’re back on Saturday.
And how is today? Can I send few more files?
Yes, you can send more files. I will start on the ones you sent earlier now.
last two files are vetted.
I got your hours report, it’s okay.
I would like to tell you that I am terribly unsatisfied with your last files. I will go point point, and please confirm you understand them BEFORE I assign you any more files, because these last files I had to redo myself from scratch.
1. NEVER delete a + mark. It means that translator was not sure in his translation, and proofreader did not address the issue. This is clear from the instructions. So why did you delete it?!?!? I had to restore all of them and return to proofreader.
2. You don’t paste correctly the English. In each of these files you cut off the last segment in line 2000+ and spoiled alignment of cells. To do it properly, you need to click on the letter which represents the column and click Ctrl+C. The the whole column gets selected. To paste – click on the letter of the A column in the target file and click Ctrl+P. Then ALL column gets pasted with same formatting.
3. You had left SO MANY glued words!!! You are not paid per file but per hour, so why not to make this kind of problematic file with all the attention it demands? Slowly, carefully, but that I will not need to redo it again after you.
4. What is this “strange punctuation” comment?! If you see that there is no colon in the English, so why should it remain in the target? Just delete it, comment it and don’t leave it for me to do.
5. You again left red cells without a comment what I asked you NOT to do. Why do I have to look in your notes, trying to understand what exactly did you find strange or did you do to this cell? This just steals my time. Next time, write a clear comment explaining what you did or what do you want the proofreader to check.
6. There had been cells where the inner alignment of the cell was messed – extra line breaks or less line breaks. You didn’t correct that.
7. In all these files the strings – game commands had been confused in some cells. Again, why didn’t you check that? These were long, but really not that complicated files.
8. Hyphens – you left plenty of lost hyphens. Not every hyphen you see should not be deleted, but there are hyphens after periods (.-) or before periods (-.) need to be deleted.
9. You COULD replace Â°Â°Â° automatically in all these files. There were only 3 cells in which it didn’t work, and solution is not to do it manually, but just to select all other text bellow these three and click “replace all”. After that it’s only necessary to replace manually in these 3 cells.
What I suggest, is that you please read very carefully AGAIN the instructions I sent you already long ago, and what I wrote here. Then you better convince me damn well you understand everything before you’re getting more files.